Back-end developers play a critical role at Jobsity, they are responsible for implementing the core logic that defines the behaviour, data flow, design, scalability, performance and needs of the business logics of any application. They are actively involved throughout the project lifecycle, often times starting with rapid POC early in the design phase. They are known for their clean production-ready coding skills, which will be integrated with front-end developers or with other systems.
We are looking for a back-end developer who is passionate about design, architecture and programming. Responsibilities include implementing business logic and integrations with internal and external API’s and services. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how applications core functionality behaves.
- 5+ years working in back-end web development with Python 2 and 3
- Extensive programming experience with Django, Flask, Falcon, RabbitMQ (using pika)
- Excellent Python knowledge and programming experience with PEP standards
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- TDD/BDD experience (pytest, nose)
- Experience with server-side architecture and design patterns
- Experience working with Docker or Vagrant
- Experience with Relational Databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL and Non-Relational Databases like MongoDB or Cassandra
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git, SVN or Mercurial
- Exceptional problem solving and ability to work independently
- Exceptional learning skills
- Fluency in both oral and written English
Nice to have:
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (Strong Computer Science fundamentals)
- Experience with microservices
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS.
- Knowledge of NodeJS and ExpressJS, SailsJS or Loopback