Senior Backend Ruby on Rails Developer
Senior Back-end Ruby on Rails Developers play a critical role at Jobsity, they are responsible for leveraging server-side resources to meet the service requirements that drive applications in production environments. They are actively involved throughout the project lifecycle, often times starting with rapid POC early in the design phase. They are known for their clean production-ready coding skills, which will be integrated with front-end components or with other systems.
We are looking for a Senior Back-end Ruby on Rails Developer who is passionate about design, architecture and programming. Responsibilities include implementing business logic and developing APIs and services. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. If you are also passionate about Ruby on Rails and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
- 3+ years working in back-end web development with Ruby on Rails
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns (singleton, factory, adapter, observer, strategy, etc.)
- TDD/BDD experience (Rspec, Cucumber)
- Experience with Service Objects and Query Objects
- Experience consuming and building robust, SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Relational Databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL and also Active Record
- Experience writing command-line apps using Ruby Gems
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git, SVN or Mercurial
- Exceptional problem solving and ability to work independently
- Exceptional learning skills
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (Strong Computer Science fundamentals)
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like Heroku or AWS.
- Contributions to open source Ruby gem projects
Better hires, more work, less stress. Join the Jobsity Community. Contact Us