Building an Equitable Workplace for Women in Tech: Join on the discussion on March 29th
From HR execs to tech managers, we all want our organizations to attract top talent, build cutting-edge products, and foster collaborative teams that dream big. But sometimes organizations find themselves facing high turnover, uninspired staff, and mundane offerings that don’t revolutionize the market. What can company leadership do?
Gender diversity is one crucial key to overcoming these obstacles.
Join us on Wednesday, March 29th at 12pm EDT / GMT-4 for our latest webinar on How to Build an Equitable Workplace for Women in Tech, featuring special guest Kristen Twining from Proofpoint and Jobsity’s Vanessa Romero.
Our panelists will discuss:
- Kristen’s perspective on navigating a career in tech
- Obstacles she faced while making a name for herself
- How orgs empowered her to do her best work
- Resources she wishes she’d had along the way
- Gender discrimination in tech organizations
- Different forms discrimination can take (not just harassment!)
- How bias against women hurts efficiency and product value
- Real-world examples of sexism, how our panelists addressed them, & the supports that would have made it easier
- Imposter syndrome’s effects on women in tech
- The costs of having staff who second-guess their abilities
- Ways imposter syndrome can creep into teams unintentionally
- How to inspire women to take on ambitious projects
- The importance of values-driven careers
- How to help women bring their best selves to work
- The cost of a woman feeling misaligned with her unique purpose
- The org-wide benefits of ensuring women are happy with their career trajectories
- Improving recruitment & retention for top talent
- The benefits of low turnover, including cost savings and improved morale
- How to appeal to top-performing women on the job market
- “Red flags” that indicate your org might be struggling with gender equity
Have a question or topic you’d like our speakers to cover? Engage with us on LinkedIn and Twitter and join the conversation!--
About Kristen Twining
Kristen is an experienced executive sales leader with demonstrated success in building teams, large scale transformation, strategy, program execution, operational excellence, solution selling, acquiring new markets and accelerating growth. She is a passionate and inspirational leader who throughout her career has held various sales, strategy and leadership roles. She has been widely recognized for her leadership and was named as one of Sales Hacker’s Top Female Sales Leaders in 2020, The Awards MagazineTop 50 Women in Tech Influencers of 2021, and Industry Era’s Most Inspiring Women Leaders of 2021.
About Vanessa Romero
Vanessa is the Head of Talent Acquisition at Jobsity. She is a psychologist with 7+ years of experience working in the IT recruitment industry for the North American market.
Want to receive announcements about our upcoming webinars and other live events? Subscribe to our blog and events newsletter!